Best Babymoon Vacations Near Dayton Ohio
Are you an expecting parent looking for the best babymoon vacations near Dayton, Ohio? If so, you’re in luck! There are plenty of exciting and romantic places for you and your partner to enjoy the last few weeks before your little bundle arrives.
Below are my top 10 picks for best babymoon vacation spots within 500 miles of Dayton, Ohio.
Top 10 Babymoon Vacation Spots
1. Niagara Falls – Ontario, Canada: Only a 6.5-hour drive from Dayton, Ohio, a trip to Niagara Falls is sure to be a memorable experience for any couple. Whether you want to explore the area by taking a boat tour of the falls or relax in the nearby luxurious spas, there is something for everyone.
2. Cleveland, Ohio: A short three-hour drive from Dayton, Cleveland has a lot to offer, from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame to the Cleveland Aquarium. Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the city’s many chic restaurants and take in a show at Playhouse Square, the largest theater center outside of New York City.
3. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh, or The City of Bridges, is only four hours away. You can explore attractions such as the Carnegie Museum of Natural History and the Carnegie Science Center. Take a ride up The Duquesne Incline to see the breathtaking views from the top of Mt. Washington or simply enjoy a leisurely stroll through one of the city’s many beautiful parks.
4. Nashville, Tennessee: Nashville is a great destination for music lovers, and it’s only a five-hour drive from Dayton, Ohio. Enjoy the lively music scene & explore the Historic District. Don’t forget your cowboy boots!
Babymoon Vacation Spots in the Midwest
5. Chicago, Illinois: It’s no secret that Chicago is my personal favorite! The Windy City is a great destination for expecting parents who are looking for a balance of relaxation and excitement. And it’s only about five hours away! Spend a day exploring the city’s many attractions, such as the Field Museum, Navy Pier and the Art Institute of Chicago. Then check out the local restaurants for some delicious deep dish pizza and hot dogs. (My husband proposed to me on the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel!)
6. Ann Arbor, Michigan: Ann Arbor is a charming Midwestern city that’s only three hours away, yes, only three! With a distinct small town charm, Ann Arbor is a great destination for a babymoon. Take a stroll through downtown Ann Arbor and explore its unique shops, restaurants and galleries. If you’re visiting in the warmer months, you have to be sure to visit the Ann Arbor Farmers Market held every Saturday from April to November.
7. Hershey, Pennsylvania: Calling all chocolate lovers! Hershey is the perfect destination for all sweet tooths. Although it’s a seven-hour drive for Dayton locals, the experience is worth it. Take a tour of the iconic Hershey Chocolate Factory, explore Hersheypark amusement park or just relax at Hershey Gardens.
8. Indianapolis, Indiana: Indianapolis is a vibrant city and a great destination for a babymoon. Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the city’s many chic restaurants – my recommendation is Beatnik West Town. Visit the Indianapolis Museum of Art or attend a show at the Old National Centre. Best of all, the city is only a two-hour drive from Dayton, Ohio.
Babymoon Vacation Spots for Every Type of Person
9. Cincinnati, Ohio: A short one-hour drive from Dayton, Cincinnati is a great destination for a babymoon. It can easily be a day trip or extended into a full weekend. Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the city’s many restaurants, explore all the cultural attractions or just relax at one of the city’s many luxurious spas. Take a dinner cruise on the BB Riverboats (I used to work there!)
10. Louisville, Kentucky: Lastly, we have Louisville! Louisville is a great destination for a babymoon at only 2.5 hours away from Dayton. Explore the many cultural attractions, shops and you can also take a romantic dinner cruise on the Ohio River.
A babymoon is the perfect way to relax and enjoy each other’s company before the baby arrives. With so many exciting destinations within 500 miles of Dayton, Ohio, you’re sure to find the perfect spot for your babymoon.
Did I forget any great vacation locations near the Dayton area? Please leave a comment below and tell me your favorite getaway spots!