Newborn Essentials for New Moms
As a mom of two little ones, I remember all too well how overwhelming it was to shop for my first baby. What’s the best shampoo? Button or zipper pajamas?? Do I need a sound machine???
To help all my fellow mamas, I compiled this list of seven newborn must-haves for new moms. Hopefully, this will help alleviate some stress and give you more time to focus on welcoming your new bundle of joy into the world!
My Top Seven Newborn Must-Haves
1. Uppa Baby Vista Stroller (in Henry Blue): If there’s one item I can convince you to splurge on, it’s this one! We bought the Uppa Baby Vista back when I was expecting my first baby. The biggest benefit to this stroller is that it converts to a double stroller without being too wide and there’s a baby bassinet attachment – so cute! To save a little money on this purchase, we waited until the new year’s model came out and purchased the previous year’s model.
2. Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine: This sound machine saved our lives, and no, I’m not being dramatic! With the Hatch Baby sound machine, you can use an app on your phone to change the volume, sounds and colors. It’s super convenient!
3. Honest Company City Backpack Diaper Bag: The backpack-style diaper bag will save your shoulders, especially if you end up having more kids and need to carry double the supplies! I recommend going for a more unisex color in black, brown or grey color so both you and your husband can feel comfortable carrying it. I loved this one by The Honest Company!
4. Tubby Todd Skincare: In my opinion, Tubby Todd has the best clean lotions and bath products! They carry everything from hair & body wash to lotion and diaper cream. I especially love the Lavender & Rosemary scent, it’s amazing!
Baby Essentials for First-Time Moms
5. SwaddleMe Velco Swaddle: I cannot say enough good things about the SwaddleMe velcro swaddles. These are a lifesaver when trying to get your little one to sleep!
6. Burt’s Bees Baby Cotton Zip Pajamas: Zipping baby pajamas is an absolute must! Do not, I repeat, do not get button onesies to use in the middle of the night. Putting your baby in zipper pjs makes it easier on everyone! I love these pjs from Burt’s Bees because they are 100% organic cotton and the cute little bees on the feet are just too sweet to pass up.
7. Yookidoo Elephant Baby Bath Shower Head: This thing is as cute as it is handy. I love that you can direct the hose and sprayer to rinse your baby while avoiding getting water in their face. It makes bath time so much easier even for toddlers and young kids!
Did I miss any newborn must-haves for new moms? Share your number one newborn essential in the comments below!
If you’re looking for a maternity or newborn photographer near Dayton, Ohio, I’m your gal! Feel free to submit an inquiry and we can discuss your perfect portrait session.